Important information. Read carefully. Keep this information for further consultation.
1. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In order to avoid damage to the appliance or people, it is advisable to take special care when using Linfa. Some basic precautions must be observed, so it is important READ AND FOLLOW ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND WARNINGS CAREFULLY on the use and maintenance of Linfa. Use this appliance only for the uses for which it is intended, as described in this manual. The warnings and important safety instructions in this manual do not cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur.
It is the user’s responsibility to use the device with common sense, paying the utmost attention and care during installation, maintenance and operation. Use this hydroponic greenhouse only for the production and care of plants.
This appliance is intended only for indoor use, inside a home or a commercial activity. Do not insert electrical or inflammable material into the greenhouse, as this may cause burns or a fire. The manufacturer can not be held responsible for damage caused by improper or incorrect use of the appliance. If the greenhouse is not maintained under optimal cleaning conditions, the surface may deteriorate, damaging the appliance and causing dangerous situations
The improper use of the greenhouse also leads to the cancellation of any form of guarantee. When using this appliance, Linfa, basic precautions should always be followed; read all instructions before using Linfa. The pumps, the fans, the lamp are parts of Linfa that work with electric current. They are absolutely safe, but it is always good to remember that, when water and electricity are together, prudence is never too much. It is therefore important to follow the warnings below. Protect the device from direct sunlight, splashes of water and moisture.
Avoid the risk of lethal electric shock and fire
WARNING - to reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Linfa has a specific plug. Do not change the plug in any way.
- Always unplug Linfa’s power plug from the electrical outlet before cleaning or changing the lamp.. ATTENTION – to reduce the risk of fire, short circuit, electric shock or injury to someone.
- Disconnect Linfa from the socket before installing or removing parts of the product.
- This appliance must not be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental abilities or with inadequate experience and knowledge, unless under supervision or prior instruction on the use of the appliance by those responsible for their safety.
- Use Linfa only for the use for which it is intended, as described in the instructions. Do not use accessories not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate Linfa if it has a damaged power cable or plug, if it is not operating properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if it has been submerged in water. If any of these eventualities occur, contact the assistance at www.robonica.it or the distributor in your area for instructions.
- Keep the power cable away from hot surfaces.
- Do not use Linfa if you suspect that water is being drawn into the pump / electronics compartment (rear panel of the machine) from the cultivation area. At the slightest suspicion that there is a loss of current in the water or when the differential of the domestic system trips, immediately disconnect the power plug and contact the assistance. Inspect the casing and the cable to check for any damage. The power cord of this appliance can not be repaired or replaced: in the event of damage to the cable, contact the service center. Never cut the power cord. In case of repeated tripping of the electric differential, contact the assistance.
- To prevent drops of water coming down the cable, they can reach and penetrate the socket, it is advisable to make the cable take a loop lower than the plug-socket connection.
- Do not use the appliance with blocked air vents. Keep the air ducts free of dust and impurities.
- Do not run the dry pump. This pump must work with a minimum draft level (make sure the water level is always sufficient).
- Never insert objects into electronic slots.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not use in places where liquids are sprayed or where oxygen is administered.
- Do not touch moving or hot parts such as pumps, fans, lamps, reflective parts, and the like.
- To disconnect in an emergency, remove the plug from the socket.
- Do not lay or immerse the base, power cord, plug or lamp in water or any other liquid to clean them.
- Do not allow water to come into contact with the lamp.
- Use only original and approved replacement parts and accessories. The use of any other kind of products is not recommended. Spare parts can be ordered at www.robonica.it or from your dealer.
- Do not use Linfa for any purpose other than yours.
- The appliance is intended for domestic use only or similar.
- The electrical system must comply with local regulations.
- Never open the electronic compartment; when the compartment is opened, the warranty on the product will expire.
- The appliance is not a toy.
- Do not install the appliance near sources of heat or inflammable materials; in a room subject to moisture, oil fumes, dust, direct sunlight, rain, where a gas leak or uneven floor may occur. In general, do not install the appliance outdoors (terrace or balcony).
- Grounding the system must comply with local and national regulations.
- Clean the poles of the electrical outlet regularly with a dry cloth, removing dust, water or other foreign substances.
- Do not pull or bend the power cord excessively or place heavy objects on top of it.
- Do not place the cord with sharp edges, do not fix it or let it hang.
- It is preferable not to use extension cables. If an extension cable is required, make sure that the cable is at least equivalent (such as insulation, cross-section and number of conductors) to that of the appliance: contact a qualified installer to make the connection.
- In case of gas leak (such as propane, LPG, etc.), ventilate the room immediately without touching the electric plug.
- Do not touch the electric plug with wet hands.
- Do not insert fingers or foreign objects into the ventilation slots or the machine in general.
- Do not hit or apply excessive pressure on the unit (maximum load 1.5Kg).
- Do not place the greenhouse on fragile or unstable surfaces.
- Place the appliance on a horizontal, flat and stable surface (check the flatness of the hob). The surface must be resistant to heat and liquids such as water, descaling and the like.
- To clean the appliance, do not use aggressive or incompatible products (as described in the chapter on maintenance), nor steam or high pressure devices.
- Verify that the voltage, frequency, and current match the device specifications.
- Do not hook the electric cable to metal objects to avoid damaging the cable itself.
- These devices are not intended for use with external timers or remote controls.
- Do not place objects on top of the greenhouse, inside it or on the door.
- Do not spray volatile substances on the surface of the appliance.
- The appliance is not intended for installation on vehicles, caravans, boats or similar.
- Do not store flammable materials inside the greenhouse.
- The appliance and its accessible parts may overheat during use. Be careful not to touch the heating elements inside the greenhouse.
- Position the greenhouse in such a way as to allow easy access to the greenhouse cavity and to the control area.
- The greenhouse must be positioned so that the outlet is accessible. If the appliance generates abnormal noise, a burning smell or smoke, immediately disconnect the power plug and contact the nearest service center.
- Once the installation has been completed, the appliance must be easily disconnectable from the socket. To disconnect the appliance, the plug must be accessible or a switch must be provided on the cable in compliance with the applicable wiring regulations. (Only built-in model.)
- In case of smoke, switch off or unplug the appliance from the power supply and keep the greenhouse door closed to avoid spreading flames.
- Before cleaning and maintenance, remove the plug from the socket and allow the appliance to cool down.
- Do not cover the ventilation openings.
- Do not use abrasive products or metal scrapers to clean the greenhouse door; they could abrade the surface and this could cause the glass to break.
- Use caution when connecting other electrical equipment to sockets near the greenhouse.
- Do not tamper with the safety circuits (door latches) and do not insert any objects into the holes in the safety circuits.
- Make sure that the door and its sealing surfaces are clean. After using the appliance, clean these surfaces with a damp cloth and then wipe them with a soft, dry cloth.
- If the greenhouse is damaged, DO NOT use it until it has been repaired by a qualified technician. It is very important to check that the greenhouse drawer is in the correct position and that the following elements are not damaged: (1) Doors (eg folded); (2) Glass hinges (broken); (3) Water intake connector and entry into the cultivation tray (broken, not in the correct coupling position); (4) Nutrient capsule (broken, loses liquid, clogged);
- The greenhouse must be regulated or repaired only by specialized personnel trained by the manufacturer.
- The elements of the packaging must not be left within reach of children as they are potential sources of danger.
- During long periods of non-use, disconnect the appliance from the mains socket. To avoid causing damage to the cable, disconnect the appliance by pulling the plug and not the cable.
- Disposal must be in accordance with locally applicable regulations. Before disposal, cut the power cord so that the appliance can not be reused. For more detailed information on the handling and recycling of this product, contact the local authorities responsible for the separate collection of waste or the point of sale where the appliance was purchased.
Avoid damage during operation
- Place Sap on a stable and level surface.
- Do not use the appliance in case of damage or anomalous. Remove the plug from the mains socket immediately. Contact Robotica support or an authorized Robonica representative for the equipment to be examined, repaired or adjusted.
- A damaged device may be electric shock, burns and fire.
- Always pull out the drawer and place it on a stable work surface before any operation. This is not the case when the appliance is operating. Pay particular attention if you remove the drawer with water inside.
- Fill the water tank only after having it in the machine, making sure it is in the correct position.
- Do not insert your fingers into the compartment or air vents: risk of shock.
- Do not insert your fingers into space. If the capsules are not present in the greenhouse, pay attention to the area of the capsule perforators. Risk of injury!
- If the capsule is not considered perforated, the liquid may flow to the capsule and cause damage to the appliance.
- The capsule not transmitted damaged or deformed. If a capsule is blocked in the capsule compartment, turn off the machine and unplug it before any operation. Call Robonica assistance.
- Empty the water tank if the appliance will not be used for a period of three days or more.
- Changing the water in the tank has not been active for more than two days.
- Do not use the appliance without the cultivation plan to avoid leakage of liquids on the surrounding surfaces.
- Do not use abrasive detergents or solvents. Use a damp cloth and a mild detergent to clean the surface of the machine.
- This appliance is designed for Robonica capsules, available exclusively from authorized dealers and on the website www.robonica.it
- All Robonica devices go through strict controls. They must pass rigorous tests in real conditions that are performed randomly on selected units. For this reason, traces of use may be present.
- Robonica reserves the right to change the instructions without prior notice.
Linfa’s warranty is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years from the date of purchase, according to the current provisions of the law. The warranty does not cover components subject to consumption, such as filtering materials, and is not valid if the defects are due to tampering, negligence or improper use of the appliance. Repair or warranty service is available immediately. We do not take responsibility for any damage caused by the appliance to people, animals or property. Robonica reserves the right to make slight changes to the product without notice.